Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Soulmate...

Soulmate... what does that mean? Is it just a concept, or is there some truth in it? The first time I gave that term any thought was when I read the book 'Brida', by Paulo Coelho. The main theme, or the concept around which the book is written itself, is 'Soulmate'. For some time after I finished reading that book, I used to firmly believe in the concept. I used to follow Coelho's blog also, to learn more about this. And later started reading up anything I could find, on Soulmates. So, I've come across different theories about Soulmates.

According to one theory, all the souls are essentially part of the 'Soul of the universe'. And this means, one soul can have more than one Soulmate, and they need not be of the opposite gender. In short, it is not necessary that your Soulmate should be your life partner. Your Soulmate can be your life partner, and if it is so, it's like the best thing to happen. But if it is not, still it'll be fine. And it is not necessary that you'll meet your Soulmate in your life, you might, you might not.

According to a slightly different theory (Coelho's), you definitely have one Soulmate, and you'll come across that person sometime in your life, and it is your duty to recognize him/ her as your Soulmate, and start a life with that person. If you don't take the steps necessary to start a life with that person, and you let him/ her go, you'll regret that for the rest of your life. And there are very unlikely chances that you have more than one Soulmate.

Still another theory states that you have lots of Soulmates (as all souls are part of the Soul of the universe) and you keep meeting them. (I find it kind of weird)

And still another theory states that each person's soul is a half, and you have to find the other half and make that person your life partner. (I find it kind of 'fairytale-ish') According to this theory, your life is a search for your Soulmate. (If that's the case, what when you find your Soulmate? Does your life become purposeless after that?)

Well, the more I read about Soulmates, I find more and more conflicting theories. It sure is interesting to read about all these theories, but sometimes I do wish I could find out the truth about this. (Though I do wonder what 'Truth' means when it comes to things like this.)

1 comment:

  1. The "truth" when it comes to this is that.. soulmates exist... and there is no theory behind it... u know u met ur soulmate as u gel with them as if it was always meant to be... u can recognise thm in a moment... it may be a frnd, ur love, or anyone close to you... blessed are people who have their soulmaates to get through their life..

    thats enuf gyan frm me on this :P BTW great blog!

    ReplyDelete